You can catch the full episode on MadameNoire’s Youtube!
This is not my grandma’s secret coating 🇯🇲 … but its close! Can’t give it all away 🤫 Take a leap of faith and try this at the weekend!
For the wet batter:
* 200 ml just egg (Vegan egg substitute)
* 1/4 cup of white or malt vinegar
For the dry Seasoned Flour:
* 300 g plain white flour
* 3 tbsp corn flour
* 2 tsp Garlic Powder
* 2 tsp paprika
* 2 tsp onion powder
* 2 tsp dried thyme
* 2 tsp black pepper
* 2 tsp non chicken seasoning
* 2 tsp old bay seasoning
* 2 tsp celery salt
I used “Gardein Ultimate Plant-based Chicken tenders!
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened soy or coconut milk, or any vegan milk
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix the nut milk, vanilla extract and the lemon juice or ACV together in a small bowl and set aside for about 5 minutes – this will turn into vegan buttermilk.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and salt
- Add the sugar & buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredients and gently mix until combined.
- Preheat waffle maker.
- Using a ½ cup measuring cup, scoop out some batter and pour into the middle of the greased waffle maker.
- Remove waffle and serve with vegan butter, syrup, fruit as you wish!