CUTE LITTLE VIDEO OF EMI HARD AT WORK 😂
Just when Emi thought her Macaron days were over! Mummy investigated and took different elements from a few recipes and nailed it!
I have been reading about how aquafaba, the brine from chickpeas for a while now 😳 and apparently it can replace egg whites 🤷🏽♀️
So in the kitchen we went, I was totally going into this with no hope of these Macarons being edible!
I experiment a lot in the kitchen but never with baking as it always goes wrong as I am not a natural baker!
Well let me tell you 🙌🏾 HOLY SHIT THEY ARE BLOODY AMAZING!
I am in SHOCK!
CRISPY on the outside and a little GOOEY and CHEWY in the Center!
YOU CAN NOT TASTE A TRACE OF CHICKPEA BRINE!
This is a whole new Arena for me! Now I can make a Lemon Meringue pie!
- 250 grams Aquafaba (water from a can of chickpeas) roughly 2 cans
- 100 grams Ground Almonds
- 200 grams Pure Icing Sugar
- A drop of Vegan Red Food Coloring/I used beetroot juice
- A few drops of Organic vanilla essence
- 125 grams Vegan Butter
- 55 grams Icing Sugar
- A few drops of vanilla essence
- A few drops of Vegan Red Food colouring/I used a beetroot juice
- 2 tbls of organic Raspberry jam
- Pour aquafaba into a pot and reduce over a low heat to 110 grams.
- Refrigerate aquafaba overnight or pop it in the freezer for 15 mins as I did.
- Preheat oven to 250°F (120°C).
- Place almond flour and icing sugar in a food processor and blend for 1 minute!
- Add the chilled aquafaba to another bowl and mix on high until soft peaks begin to form. (I added a few drops of vanilla essence, rose could be nice also)
- Sift powdered sugar and almond meal into the whipped aquafaba, and gently fold ingredients together. The mixture should be silky and shiny!
- Transfer the batter to a piping bag and pipe directly onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Many leave these to sit for 2 hours at room temperature but I just put them straight in the oven 👍🏾
- Bake for 25- 30 minutes. Once finished turn off the oven and leave the door closed for 15 minutes, then slightly open the oven door for another 10 minutes. Then take the macarons out to completely cool. This process really allows them to set and not get stuck!
- Place butter cream ingredients into a food processor and mix until smooth.
- Pipe the raspberry butter onto the macarons.
- Refrigerate macarons for another 2 hours before serving.
VOILA!!! I know it seems long but its worth it!!!! Just have all ingredients in front of you measured out you are OFF!!