My little treasure Emi keeps me in check and motivates me to do better everyday ❤️
Shiitake mushrooms are heavenly and the perfect base for a creamy, comforting homemade vegan ramen for those winters nights up ahead ❤️
It’s so easy guys and all pops into a blender and simply garnish!
The only real cooking you do is boiling some noodles 🤷🏽♀️
Let’s get Started!
* FIRST – Sauté Garlic & Shallots!
- 4 cups of dried shiitake mushrooms (from which you will get 4 cups of broth once soaked)
- First let’s soak the dried shiitake mushrooms in 6 cups of warm water for around 15 minutes.
Place all the ingredients below in a blender with 4 cups of shiitake broth and that’s the soup base done!
• 1/4 cup roasted sunflower seeds
• 3 soaked shiitake mushrooms
• 3 large shallots
• 4 Cloves of garlic
• 3 Tbsp Red Organic Miso
• 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
• 2 Tbsp soy sauce
• 2 Tbsp Tamari
• 4 Tsp sesame oil
• 1 Tbsp minced garlic and ginger
1 packet of Japanese Ramen or soba noodles
Heat the soup in a pot until piping hot and boil your Japanese Ramen noodles separately.
Place noodles into a bowl, pour hot soup on top and garnish with the ingredients below.
• Chilli oil & Chilli flakes optional
• Sauté okra
• Sliced Shiitake mushroom from the broth
• Spring Onions
• Bean Sprouts
Such a satisfying bowl of goodness 🙏🏾 Even my Japanese hubby approved! 😂
In my teenage years this would have been the 3am
stumbling out of an East London club rescue remedy 🤦🏾♀️
I can not believe that I can now have it again and not feel guilty that I am eating a dead animal, and it tastes even better!!
Imagine guys it’s meat and dairy-free!
The mock duck brand I use is Companion as the wheat gluten is non- GMO, the only extra ingredients are oil, sugar, soy sauce, and salt.
You can get this is most Asian supermarkets. It does not taste like duck 😂 it tastes like a real kebab once seasoned well!
For the tzatiki I personally love using the Tofutti sour cream!
No butterfat – No dairy – No cholesterol – No lactose – No gluten – Non-hydrogenated oil –
Milk free and has the right balance of tangy and creamy!
- 1 small pot of vegan yogurt
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 squeezed lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cucumber
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 2Tbsp Toffuti sour cream
Grate cucumber and squeeze excess juice out. Mix all ingredients together and pop into the fridge.
- 1 can of Mock Duck
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 3tsp Tamari or Soya Sauce
- black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp garlic powder
Drain and Slice the mock duck thinly, season well with all the ingredients above. Fry in a little oil until it starts to get brown and crisp up!
Fill wraps with:
- Chopped tomatoes
- Shredded red cabbage
- Sliced cucumber
- Chopped lettuce
I put lashings of Tzatziki and Siracha! 🌶 If I had some green pickled peppers that would have been the icing on the cake!
This was soooooo good 🤪 And easy!
CUTE LITTLE VIDEO OF EMI HARD AT WORK 😂
Just when Emi thought her Macaron days were over! Mummy investigated and took different elements from a few recipes and nailed it!
I have been reading about how aquafaba, the brine from chickpeas for a while now 😳 and apparently it can replace egg whites 🤷🏽♀️
So in the kitchen we went, I was totally going into this with no hope of these Macarons being edible!
I experiment a lot in the kitchen but never with baking as it always goes wrong as I am not a natural baker!
Well let me tell you 🙌🏾 HOLY SHIT THEY ARE BLOODY AMAZING!
I am in SHOCK!
CRISPY on the outside and a little GOOEY and CHEWY in the Center!
YOU CAN NOT TASTE A TRACE OF CHICKPEA BRINE!
This is a whole new Arena for me! Now I can make a Lemon Meringue pie!
- 250 grams Aquafaba (water from a can of chickpeas) roughly 2 cans
- 100 grams Ground Almonds
- 200 grams Pure Icing Sugar
- A drop of Vegan Red Food Coloring/I used beetroot juice
- A few drops of Organic vanilla essence
- 125 grams Vegan Butter
- 55 grams Icing Sugar
- A few drops of vanilla essence
- A few drops of Vegan Red Food colouring/I used a beetroot juice
- 2 tbls of organic Raspberry jam
- Pour aquafaba into a pot and reduce over a low heat to 110 grams.
- Refrigerate aquafaba overnight or pop it in the freezer for 15 mins as I did.
- Preheat oven to 250°F (120°C).
- Place almond flour and icing sugar in a food processor and blend for 1 minute!
- Add the chilled aquafaba to another bowl and mix on high until soft peaks begin to form. (I added a few drops of vanilla essence, rose could be nice also)
- Sift powdered sugar and almond meal into the whipped aquafaba, and gently fold ingredients together. The mixture should be silky and shiny!
- Transfer the batter to a piping bag and pipe directly onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Many leave these to sit for 2 hours at room temperature but I just put them straight in the oven 👍🏾
- Bake for 25- 30 minutes. Once finished turn off the oven and leave the door closed for 15 minutes, then slightly open the oven door for another 10 minutes. Then take the macarons out to completely cool. This process really allows them to set and not get stuck!
- Place butter cream ingredients into a food processor and mix until smooth.
- Pipe the raspberry butter onto the macarons.
- Refrigerate macarons for another 2 hours before serving.
VOILA!!! I know it seems long but its worth it!!!! Just have all ingredients in front of you measured out you are OFF!!
Kids in the kitchen is a must!
Final week of the summer holidays and I’m just trying to find things to do 😂🙏🏾
Emi made the easiest yummy buttery vegan shortbread today 😋
Just 5 simple ingredients!
This $2 silicone mould from https://us.flyingtiger.com/en-us/
No sticking, no fuss and just makes it look cute!
@earthbalance non soy butter is the key!!
- 1 cup All purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- As many enjoy life dark chocolate morsels as you like!!!!
Preheat oven to 300*F
In a bowl mix together sugar, salt and sieved flour (optional of you want chocolate chips)
Add butter and combine with fingers, until it all comes together in a ball.
If you don’t have the silicone mould simply sprinkle some flour on a board, GENTLY roll out and use shape cutters!
Pop in the over on a lined baking tray for 45 minutes and Voila 😋
These turned out so crumbly and buttery! All that was missing was cuppa 🇬🇧
#kidsinthekitchen #vegankids #veganshortbread #vegantreats #earthbalance #earthbalancebutter